Friday, February 20, 2009

My Raleigh Venture ‘08

I have promised myself to be a “buzzling with activity” person, this year. As a first step, here is my new Raleigh Venture ‘08.

IMG_4980 IMG_4973

Last month, we were at this bike store in sunnyvale which had lots of Mountain bikes, comfort bikes and the hybrid ones. Me, the most ignorant biker, who looked at bikes as  “the thing with two wheels and a brake”  gazed at the different models there with perplexity. M and me wandered around the store, trying out M’s bikes. G was engrossed in getting the right one for me. “Do you like this or the other one?” G asked me pointing at two different models. “I like the chrome green :)” , thought to myself. Shopkeeper was scrutinizing me.“What’s the difference?” I replied back to G , with that look which says “Don’t you know, I know nothing about these..?”. “You can try it out”, shopkeeper told me. I was hesitant, did not want him now, judging my riding skills. “No, that is ok”. Here comes the next question from him. “Are you shy?”.  “No, but I don’t want to try it out”- replied back. This guy is getting on my nerves, but no, I am not trying it out. But, why? I thought to myself. I think, I did not want to give in to him, my ever superior ego ;)

G goes on and on, about the difference between the mountain, comfort and hybrid. I acted as though I understood every bit of it, and finally I chose my chrome green one :), for three reasons, it was very light, I liked the color and it was more girly than the other option. I cautioned my mind to not get excited about it, as I wasn’t sure whether we would end up buying that. G is very thorough when he makes a new purchase, and I really admire his patience for the same . I am the impulsive, impatient one, but has learned a bit from G.(Ain’t I better now, G?)

Finally, we got it(yay!!), 2 bikes and a bike seat for M for our spring time bike trips.

We came back home and when M was taking his nap, I had my hands set on my Raleigh Venture. Wow, it was real light, and smooth. I felt happy, cool breeze against my face and riding through our neighborhood and next to the corn fields, made me relaxed. This is the best bike, I have ever had. I love it, am proud of it, and will cherish it…Thank you G.

4 comments:

anamika said...

penne..this is 2009 , right! Does 08 in the title mean something else?

anamika said...

wow..we have been planning for ever to buy one..enjoy urs!

Vrinda said...

hello penne, 08, model aanu, 2009 model alla vangiyathu :)

I am thrilled to have it, it is real light, looking forward for calif to be sunny again :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are looking forward to lots of rides on that bike.
Thanks so much for stopping by at Typing Away, Vrinda. Follow my name and it will take you to my diaries, bits of nothings which gets updated a little more frequently. :) Will be back to read some more...good friday to you :)