Friday, February 20, 2009

Daddy’s my HERO

Technorati Tags:

M has grown a lot since my last post. It strikes me with so much surprise, to see how much M and I match in our temperaments. There are times, when he talks so much like G, trying to cheer me up, when I am glum. He is too much of an adult those times and I am smiling, and the next moment, he is the angry, whimsy, three year old, impossible to placate.

G wants me to post this snippet, before I forget.

Daddy's My HERO

Background:

M is like any other 3 year old – he likes to show off. He has been trying hard to impress us by pretending that he knows to read, although he does not. He often makes wild guesses which makes us burst out into laughter, and he feels great about that. Few months back, when gas prices hit highs, there was some news about airlines going bankrupt in the front page of WSJ, with a picture of an airbus next to the news. M reads out loud “W-A-L- L S-T-R-E-E-T…” and then tells out loud “Aeroplane”. So, get the picture?

Couple of days back, we got a new pajama set for M which has “Daddy’s my HERO” written on it. It was G’s birthday. I made M wear his new pajama and shirt and suggested him to show it to Dada(That is how, M calls G) and read it aloud for Dada. M thought that was a cool idea and was excited to do that. He goes straight to G, points to the letters on the shirt and tells G: “Dada, Look at my pajama. It says “Dad is my” , then, he spells out the letters “O-R-E –H, Hero”. We have been constantly telling M to read from left to right(as he always reads from right to left), and yes, this time, he did it , he read from left to right as he was looking at the letters on his shirt :)

G , here you go. I have done it. Someday, many years later , M may read this, and I would love to see the smile on his face then.

3 comments:

anamika said...

Hey, V..great to see you back in action! Thanks to G for making you write this!

Vrinda said...

Thanks sujatha, yes, I am lazy, G is the motivator :)

Sunitha said...

Very nice one.. I am sure M will be happy to read what all he did in his childhood