Friday, September 7, 2007

That made my day...

US-101 was slow today too. (Oh Well, what do you expect in bay area?) This is when my thoughts start pouring in. I drive mechanically on 101. Has got used to it so much now. Still remember my early days of driving. Used to be damn scared, would never take my hands off the steering, even to scratch my nose. Used to feel absolutely relieved to take the freeway exit..

Is this the same me? I am surprised myself. Well, that's life I believe. This is my private time, it is absolutely mine, the only time I get for myself in a 24 hour day. No complaints about lack of time, I like it this way.

Today was a moody day. My heart had that, unknown heaviness. I think it is mainly due to work. Lately, things have not been that great at work. I am the kind who is usually enthusiastic and would not want things pending on my plate. These days I have kind of lost the motivation. May be it is a mid life crisis. Hmm... that makes me feel even more worse, because I feel too old. I feel kind of lost, not sure where I am heading to or where I want to head to in career perspective. May be , I will soon figure out. G (my hubby) tells me it is because I lack "can do will do " attitude. I have to work on it. I don't want to ponder over it at the moment, let me think of something to cheer up my exhausted mind.

That makes me think about that naughty, cute smile. Yes, M's smile will cheer me up for sure. M is my 22 month old son. This morning he woke up with a slight cough. Last night too he coughed once or twice in his sleep. I have become paranoid about his cough, as I have heard horrendous stories of cough worsening in toddlers and leading to more serious illness from many of my friends. Also M seems to be getting these coughs quite a bit, lately. So the concerned mom in me (G calls it 'paranoid mom') woke up and I was talking about his cough to G. M was listening to all these, and (you bet, I must have sounded worried) tells me, "Mama, I am OK". I am not sure, I can express how I felt at that moment. I was so full of love, happiness, and what not. Tears came rushing to my eyes. What else do I need to cheer me up than this precious one which God has given us? That made my day..

5 comments:

Android Dad said...

Good post buddy. Keep going.

anamika said...

Nice one, Vrinda. I can see how much you are enjoying the little surprises the kids throw at us..keep writing

Unknown said...

Wonderful writing...keep it up...DIL MAANGE MORE....

Anonymous said...

Very good observation of matters and picturise it plainly. continue to write more and more which will enrich ability for self assesment also. Achan

UL said...

very sweet, keep writing.