Thursday, February 18, 2010

Before the Magnolia blooms again...

Life has been going on..I have not keyed in anything for a while. Now, keying this in, inspired by a dear friend of mine(Thank you, if you are reading this).

New year has arrived, oh well, can't say it is new anymore. It has been ups and downs, more downs. Down is a relative term though. So I should restate, I have been not up to the energy/happiness levels, I would like to see myself in. But then they say, man proposes and God disposes.Work has been hectic, chores has been piling up both at work and at personal level. I don't quite feel like me. Hope it is a phase, like I would always console myself when M goes through a problematic phase.

I think, my main frustration comes from the fact that, I have not been in control of my life lately and the control freak in me drives me nuts. Hmm..enough with brooding..

Last weekend was especially nice after a real long time.The previous week, I was at work till late night, returning back to complains from M that "Mama, you are late.You have to tell your manager that you need to take care of me". I nodded with a tired smile, did not even have the strength to reason with him. Pangs of guilt struck me even more..

All of these makes my last weekend extra special. We took M to Chabbot Space Center where they screened a movie "Dinosaurs alive" on Imax. M was truly captivated, being an ardent dinosaur fan. Coming back, G and M made fun of me at my ignorance about dinosaurs. (True, I get confused with the names of all the plant eaters and meat eaters). Some times, I made mistakes purposely, so that M could laugh. M liked it I guess, as the next day, he told me ,
"Mama , let us have laughter time like yesterday". It was a real nice , relaxed weekend.One of the best I had, in a long while.

I hope to be more regular in my postings. No promises, afraid, I may break them.
I will be back with another posting.. before the Magnolia in our backyard blooms ..again..

1 comment:

UL said...

just caught this one too, lovely to see you back...it is wonderful is it not! Spring has arrived...