Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh my goodness, it’s 9 o’clock!

My favorite expression last week has been "Sorry, No time!". Last week felt like a marathon to me.The first half was all upbeat,then energy levels started dropping (unfortunately no "Gu" gel to boost
me up:)) and towards the end, I almost crashed. No first hand experience, in running a marathon, but have seen G take it, and yes, make it!

I felt like racing against time all the way through. Was frustrated, not being able to spend enough time with M. Got irritated with work not going anywhere ..Driving back from work at 9 pm on Friday, tired, I rang up G & M and they were headed to Pasta Market to get Pasta. Was elated to hear that M wanted to wait for Mama to feed him. My spirits rose hearing that. Felt a boost of energy rush in.. Sat next to M and started feeding him, reading "Hally Tossy's dog had a bad breath".

Saturday sailed perfect, with a biking trip to shoreline and eating out. Sunday wasn't bad either, completed all the chores and got ready for the week ahead.

I realize that, I like it this way, to be a busy bee, fully consuming every minute of the day. May be last week, was stretching it a little too much. Reminds me of the cliché "Time is free, but it is priceless". I don't want to waste one of the most expensive resources in life :)

My remarks about time left none in our household untouched, specifically M. My statement "Oh my goodness, it is 9 o'clock" and the way I look at our clock , has (sadly) instilled in M a sense of fear and dislike towards our clock. (Blame it on me, I will be careful next time with these remarks). He told me the other day,
"Mama, I am scared of the clock, I don't like it". I tried to pacify him with, there is nothing to be scared, it is our friend, it helps us keep track of time and the like. No, he, was not convinced. I left it there, even forgot about the whole stuff. Later that night, M found a way to solve his issue. (Now, I know, why Miss R says, M is a very strong willed boy).

He found a party hat which was lying around and he covered the face of our alarm clock with it. Fully satisfied with his gimmick, he came back and told me, "Mama, now I don't have to be scared. See..". M's ways always makes me think out of the box..I need to learn from him.

So, this is our clock's new look. It has been like this for a while now.

Clock : after Clock : before

M gets very upset, if we remove the party hat, so be it..
These kids..

6 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

That was really sweet:) the party hat is the way to go!:)

and teddy to give it company!

UL said...

very interesting is how a child's mind works...really enjoyed this post...i 've been saying "oh my goodness" quite a lot lately...time sure is precious.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שירות חדרים אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם...

לפרטים אנא גשו לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

anamika said...

hey Vrinda..loved this post..how interesting to see how M's mind worked..dey..why dont you post more often..it has been almost an year da..please post.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted